Wednesday, January 19, 2011

anyone else?

Anyone else have those days when you just need a good cry? I feel like I've been having them more and more lately. Rob probably thinks I'm going crazy, but I'm just going to blame it on the pregnancy :) Normally I'm a very happy, stress free kind of person, but lately I've been having those days where I just cry for no reason at all really. Sometimes it's just a few tears here and there, but other days it's full on alligator tears most of the day for no reason. It just happens. Let me give you an example of some things that have brought me to tears lately. 

*House shopping. You sit back and think; really, how hard can it be? Well trust me. I feel like I know what every house in Napa looks like and what the asking price is. I am totally over it. 
*The cost of a house. Yes, I know house prices in Napa are at a wonderful price right now and it's a great time to buy, but seriously? It makes me sick to think how much we may end up paying in order to own a home here, especially when I know how beautiful of a home we could get back east for that price. I'm just saying...
*Say Yes to the Dress. I just can't seem to get enough of those wedding dresses. I love seeing all the different dresses those brides try on and how much they end up paying for them. Most of the time I think they're just crazy, but the other day..one brought me to tears. 
*Extreme Home Makeover. Every story on this show is usually pretty sad, but lately I think I've cried every time I watch it. 
*Emily on The Bachelor. Her story brings me to tears every time I hear it. Plus she's a West Virginia girl, so she already has my heart :)
*My family. I miss them so much every single day. People tell me that it gets easier, but for me it has not. Lately, it's only been harder. I had quite the melt down the other day, but I think it was because my entire family was together for my dad's birthday and I hate being the only one not there. 
*My mom. She's having a hard time lately with me being gone. I mean..she hasn't liked it since day one, but I think it's becoming more real to her lately since we've been house shopping so much. She tells me she doesn't like it because it just feels too permanent for her and she can't stand the thought of this baby growing up so far away from her. I think she would seriously buy us the house herself if it was on the east coast. She's really having a hard time...
*Traci. She's my best friend and is having a little boy due 4 weeks before me. I want to help her get the baby room ready and go baby shopping with her. I will be home for her baby shower which I am thankful for, but it brings me to tears every time knowing that I won't be at the hospital when that baby is born and that he will probably be almost 4 months old before I get to hold him.  I don't even like to think about it...
*Kayla. She's another good friend from back home. I got a sweet little gift from her the other day and I cried as soon as I brought the package in from outside. I miss having all my WV friends close by. 


The list could go on and on...Ha! I hope I'm not the only person out there that has hard days and just needs a good cry. Don't worry, I have really good days as well and am very thankful for A LOT of things in my life. I will soon post a list of all those good things too. Until then..the tears will probably continue to flow. I'll just go ahead and cry and then laugh about it later. Hopefully I won't make Rob think I've gone too nuts and he's wondering what kind of crazy person he married :) 

5 comments:

  1. uh oh trish... it looks like I need to move out there and find you as a new best friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittani great idea!! Aunt trishy we love you hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE, LOVE Emily on The Bachelor!
    and as much as I LOVE, LOVE having you and Rob in Napa it sounds to me like you guys should probably be house shopping in West Virginia... however, if that is not going to happen, I think the next best idea is Brittani moving to Napa for sure!!! We Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish,
    April & Dave lived in Delaware right after they got married - (that's where he was stationed) If she called home and we were all together we would pretend that no one was there, otherwise she would cry. We spent more money on airfare bringing her home for every little thing. I know how your mom is feeling. April had her first baby in Delaware. I went back for the birth but had to leave a week later. The stewardesses didn't know what to do to help me since I cried the whole 5 hour flight. Hang in there and we all love having you here.

    Shari Erickson

    ReplyDelete