Monday, September 27, 2010

Just ask God

I taught a class of 29 Kindergarten students today. It was a blast! I'm always excited to hear what they have to say because they know it all and are so wise at that age ya know :) One of the girls wanted to have a conversation with me about kids. It went like this..

"Can you show me your kids?"
" I don't have any kids"
"You don't have any kids here or you don't have any kids at all?"
"I don't have any kids at all yet."
"Oh! Well do you want to have kids one day?"
"Yes! I would love to have lots of kids one day."
"Oh ok! Well all you have to do is ask God. Just ask God and he will bring one to you."

Loved it! It made me smile.
Some of you are aware but not all...so I'll share. I got pregnant VERY quickly when Rob and I started trying but I lost it around 8 weeks. It was a tough process to go through but I was thankful to know that I can get pregnant and very fast for that matter so I just kept my head up and said okay we will try again soon.

So remember...just ask God. Little does she know that I already do :)

6 comments:

  1. so sweet about the cute little kid. And it is good that you are subbing some! so sorry about the miscarriage... It can be rough but there are a lot of us out there who know how that is. So you aren't alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story. You have such a positive outlook. Good example to many around you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish, when I heard you miscarried I was so sad...knowing that pain. But I also smiled when I heard that you comforted yourself by thinking...'at least we know we can get pregnant!' My kind of girl.

    Now go ask God! Kaia used to think the mommy and daddy just thought really hard together and then it happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and we can't wait for more frye cousins to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute child! I hope you get pregnant again soon. I didn't know you miscarried, I'm sorry. I know that's a hard thing to go through, and sometimes physically painful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! And you!! You both are so awesome!! And so many of us appreciate all the help you give to all the other Moms and Dads-- you will be the sweetest and kindest of parents!!

    ReplyDelete