Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Festival of Lights

Rob flew in on Wednesday before Christmas and since his flight didn't land until 11:30 that night, we decided to spend the day in D.C.
We shopped and also decided to go the D.C. temple to look at the Christmas lights. What should have been a 30 minute drive to the temple ended up taking almost 2 hours because of traffic. It was absolutely insane. There were a few moments when my brother almost turned around, but after arriving and seeing how beautiful the lights were, we all decided it was worth it. 



 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Trish, your blog is sooo cute! It reminds me of Dave and I when we were first married. We moved to the east coast and the DC Temple was our temple even though we were sealed in the Oakland Temple. The DC Temple is a special place. We also honeymooned driving across country and loved every minute of it. Glad you are here and married to such an awesome family! It sounds like Rob is being good to you, flying you home when needed. Dave did that for me too! I would get so homesick, but loved starting my own little family with Dave also far from home. It made us feel like we had to figure it out together. I think is solidified our early years of our marriage and made us the bestest friends ever. To this day, he is truly my best friend, the person I seek to be with most. You have many wonderful years ahead of you.

    Sorry this turned so sappy....I'm just happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete